Monday, January 12, 2009

A little "ME" time to create and play!

After the crew left yesterday I found myself with some free time (the first time in weeks). My hands had been itching for messy designing so I busted out the shaving cream, ink bottles, alcohol inks and paints for some marbling fun!

A Marbling technique was used on for the background using Galactic Blue Pearlescent liquid acrylic paints and shaving cream. Snow Garden (Kodomo) was stamped in Onyx Black (Versafine) on Quartz (Stardream Cardstock) **note Versafine is an instant dry pigment ink however it does not dry instantly on stardream cardstock due to the special coating added to the cardstock, this buys you some time to throw some clear embossing powder and get superfine detailed embossing.** I colored the image with copic markers and accented with White Flocking powder, Nirvana and White Satin Glitter (Art Glitter Institute), sentiment from Happy Harmony set (SU), images were matted on Black Tie and Blue Eyes (Bazzill Bling)


This is also a marbling technique using reinkers, the colors are bolder than the liquid acrylic inks, Quartz (Stardream Cardstock) was also used. I used So Saffron (SU), Chrome Yellow (Nick Bantock Ranger Collection) and Almond (source unknown). Cherry Branch was stamped with Onyx Black (Versafine) and embossed, image was then colored with Copic Markers. Sentiment from Words of Wisdom (Kodomo) stamped with Versafine and embossed. Images were mounted on Onyx (Stardream Cardstock)

I used my favorite technique for this card, Alcohol inks . I colored the image with copic markers and used the copic colorless marker to blend the colors from the background into the flower colors. I used the same sentiment as the card above and matted them on black textured cardstock.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Lovely! I finally got to have some "me create" time myself.