Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hello Again!

WOW! I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I've been slacking in my creative world. It seems anything that "can" happen "has" happened. Do I even make sense? LOL
Life happens right? The past 1 1/2 yrs have been really busy, my little boy is now in Kindergarten. You'd think 2 kids in school would give me more time to indulge in my craft right? WRONG!! My youngest daughter is still with me so my time consumed with spending quality time with her and concentrating on homework and after school activities with the boys.
My "once" organized craft room totally became a "catch-all" for everyone barely leaving me room to come in sit and surf on the web. What about card creations? HA! I had to dig out what I needed and my dining room table became my craft table.
Did all the clutter prevent me shopping though? HECK NO! So add that to the mix and what do you get? A MESS!!


I decided enough was enough this past spring so I ever so slowly began taking out "non-craft" related items then life happened again and we were in a car accident. Thank goodness other than some bumps and bruises my children were okay, unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky so that put "EVERYTHING" on hold in my life. :(
I'm very limited on what I can do now though, I went from Ms. On-the-go to moving around like a turtle with the flexibility of a stick!

My hubby's attempt to get my out of my funk did re-ignite my passion for crafting though! For my bday he repainted my craft room and designed a functional closet system. It became a family affair when my two sisters came over to help him while I sat & laid down wishing I could partake in the fun.
Here are some pictures of their work in progress.





Mark worked day and night throughout the weekend and he didn't stop there. Because of my limited mobility/ flexibility he built me a cutting table customized to my height so I won't have to bend when using my cutters.

So how did it turn out?
More to continue.....................

1 comment:

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

What a wonderful family you have! I can't wait to see the end results!

Doris