Saturday, November 29, 2008

A wonderful Thanksgiving


So I'm a little late posting about Thanksgiving, I know. We had such a great time at my in-laws this Thanksgiving. My parents and sister also went with us and we celebrated Miranda's 2nd birthday. We feasted on Turkey, Ham, Potato Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Sauteed Mushrooms, and of course you can't forget the Puerto Rican rice! I mean come'on what kind of holiday would it be without Arroz con Gandules!!


This year as every year I'm thankful for my wonderful family. I'm very fortunate to have the most wonderful man in the world as my husband and 3 wonderful children. I'm so happy we were able to spend this Thanksgiving with both sides of our family. We conversed, played on the Wii (that game system is made for people of ALL ages) and we enjoyed each others company.


After dinner we enjoyed my signature holiday drink, Coquito. It's a Puerto Rican Style Eggnog with a nice KICK! It's a secret recipe that I refuse to share with anyone. :)

The even funnier part is that I'm not Puerto Rican, it's a secret recipe my girlfriends family shared with me years ago. This drink is usually only made for Christmas but I make it for Thanksgiving since it's the only holiday where all of our family is together.

No comments: